Re: [Tigers] Pep Boys and the Mustang

To: "Steve Laifman" <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pep Boys and the Mustang
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:39:46 -0400
Steve, That's a great story! The P-51 was and always will be my favorite
airplane, I probably built five Revell models of them as a kid. Did the
owner explain how he got the plane out of the vacant lot?

I was fortunate enough to make it to Rickenbacker in 2007 to see the
Gathering of P-51s, there were 108 Mustangs there all parked in one
spot. As you can imagine, the low-level flyby with over 60 P-51s in
formation was an experience beyond words! They still maintain the site:

http://www.gml2007.com/

Bugz