Re: [Tigers] Roller 289

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Roller 289
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:56:58 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks all but Im not going to change my old 5 bolt 289. I have a couple of
roller engines when it comes that time. This all started from someone else
asking about using roller lifters BUT it is good information and too, we all
like LIST emails that make us smarter. I am going back and talk to the
machinest I orginally ask about doing the swap prior to when I rebuilt the
engine. Im certain he told me he had to do some machine work to fit the roller
cam to the 5 bolt and evidently that isnt so. Perhaps he just told me he had
to drill the  valleys to bolt the spiders etc. I need to slap him anyway, he
lost my 1725 S5 head I spent hours porting and wants me to believe I took the
head- the engine is still there- why take the head and leave the block. It was
nice head too - not ate up at the water ports. My Ford lover machinest had to
retire(cancer) Im sure from the hot tank chemicals he had go thru his skin etc
over so many years of putting blocks and heads
 in & out of the hot tank. He loved workig on Ford engines, especially if they
went in a Tiger or other go fast type car. He always ask you to bring it by
his shop so he could listen to it run. I think he could tell lift and duration
by ear. LOL
TtT