[Tigers] (no subject)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:42:15 -0400
'Looking through the Parts catalog suppliment  I noticed  that the rear springs

are listed as the same as an Alpine Series III.  Some time in the past I was

told that the Tiger had one more leaf on each side compared to the Alpine.

Was this changed for later Tigers or was it the same through out the run?'

 Jeff

>From the June 1968 parts catalog, it lists the same part number for the Alpine
III (PN 1206585, qty 2 per car) as for Tigers up to VIN B9473578. For the Alpine
application, there seems to be a cutoff for the Alpine III use. The notes
read..."Series
III from B9203548; C.K.D (completely knocked down - kit form)South Africa
B9250157,
Italy B9250241, and Series IV onwards" used two of PN 1223892.

For Tigers from VIN B9473579 onward, they used different springs for left and
right. The R.H. PN was 1229930 and L.H. was 1229931. Maybe this is when the
change was made, Jeff. Again, this is just the information out of the parts
catalog.

You might ring up Rob Guerra or Tom Hall for more questions.

Rande

                                                Jeff