[Tigers] Soft top replacemet question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Soft top replacemet question
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 21:42:51 EDT
Bill
Go to the TE/AE web site  _WWW.TEAE.ORG_ (http://www.TEAE.ORG) .  In the
tech tips  section
is a great article written by Dave Reina.  Well worth your time to  read
before you do anything.

As to the top frame question.  There is a difference between the MK I  and
MK II top frame besides the obvious wire cord/velocre window seals.

The MK IA and MK II had only one 'shock strap'  from to frame to  the
top bow.  If you examine your top bow, you should see a small  indentation
in the bow where the shock strap went.  One indentation = one  strap.

I sourced my shock strap at the local fabric store where they stocked  the
almost identical rubber strap used in furniture.  But it was not black
like my
original.  Nothing some fabric dye couldn't fix.

Food for thought.  My MK IA is B382002668, almost at the end of the  run
before MK II.  It had many MK II pieces on it. When I replaced my  original
top,
I ordered the top from SS. But it didn't fit side to side.  OK front  to
back.
It was a good 2 inches short. I then went to aa AMCO dealer.  His  book
listed
two velcro tops for the Tiger  MK I and MK II.  I ordered the MK  II top
and it fit j
ust fine side to side. BTW SS refunded my $ no questions.

I've read that one of the changes for MK II was raising the steering  wheel
and thus the top.  Perhaps this is why the top is wider.  Norm  may have
some input on this.

So if your top is too narrow, you really do have a MK II top frame  and
need a MK II top.

I have to AOL problem and must read the archieves until it's fixed.   But
it looks I can send OK.  Let me know my direct email I you get  this.

One last thing.  As Dave Reins advises, do you to on a hot sunny  day.

Dave Johnson.  Not hot not sunny in Indianapolis