Re: [Tigers] Towing a Tiger

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Towing a Tiger
From: THEO SMIT <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:19:47 -0600
I put the Tiger on a 16 foot flatdeck trailer and towed it out to SUNI with
our 2000 Tundra. The only concession I made was to turn off the overdrive on
the transmission - it hurts the mileage a bit but it can significantly extend
the life of the tranny, so it's an easy choice.

We did most of the trip at about 65 mph and had no issues whatsoever.
The 4.7L V8 in the Tundra has more than enough jam to get the whole thing up
to whatever speed you want to run - it's just a matter of how much money you
want to spend on gas. The nice thing about the Tundra is that it gets decent
mileage (for a truck) when you're not hauling anything so if you can't have a
separate vehicle for every thing you do, then it's a good compromise.

Theo