Re: [Tigers] axle shims

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] axle shims
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:03:33 -0500
tony,
it sounds like one of the nightmares i manage to create for myself by
constantly underestimating what is involved in a job!

when i did my rear end, i used the same shims that were already in there.
 it probably isn't right and its on my list to address that again but there
doesn't seem like too much play in it.   i tried to measure the end float
but its not so easy.

if the knock is speed dependent, it doesn't sounds like its related to the
shims so i'd look at the UJs (mark them with correction fluid or paint to
see if they move), the brake pistons and shoes (these are not too well
secured at the best of times) and anything that could be catching around
there.

i hope you make it to SUNI one way or another as i've managed to arrange
that i'll be there on sunday and monday.

get some rest and good luck!

- owain.