Re: [Tigers] Lower Radiator Hose

To: <gharlowe@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Lower Radiator Hose
From: stubrennan@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:25:59 +0000
There should be a loose wire "spring" inside the lower hose to prevent
collapse.  My most recent hose didn't come with one, so I pulled the spring out
of the old one.

A better question to ask is, Why is the belt vibrating enough to damage the
hose?  Or is the collapsed hose moving into the belt's path? My belt vibrated
because the generator pulley got warped during remeoval efforts.  It wore
throught he lower hose 5 hours from home, but just minutes from the Sunbeam
convention site that was my destination.

The pulley replaced, there was little vibration noted, but I fabricated a
shield for the lower hose, just in case.

Stu