Re: [Tigers] exhaust dressing for original exhaust manifolds

To: Rollright@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] exhaust dressing for original exhaust manifolds
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:02:06 EST
I did just what you did.

I blasted by stock cast iron headers and then applied Eastwood header
paint per the instructions.  One year later it was rusting through the  paint.

I complained to Eastwood.  They said my problem was that I did not  heat the
headers immediately after coating them.  Why would I as I didn't have  the
the engine back in the car?.  Eastwood said the coating requires high  heat to
set. The heat needs to be applied right away.  Of course their  instructions
did not mention this fact.

They refused to refund my money and basically said 'tough luck'.

Will I ever buy an Eastwood product again?  They are over priced and  the
same item can usually be found cheaper elsewhere.  Not on your  life.
My advice is to have them coated.  Or use a quality header paint  from
you nearest store  I hear some have used Rustoleom BBQ paint.

Dave