Wally Swift

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Wally Swift
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:30:37 EDT
I was recently reading a 1998 interview with Wally Swift.  I'd  like to hear
some comments from listers regarding his words.
It is commonly thought that Chrysler buying Sunbeam caused the  demise of the
Tiger.  This interview gives a different picture.
"Many people think that Chrysler was the Tiger's doom.  That  was not the
case."............."In 1965 the US  Government imposed safety  regulations that
came into force on January 1, 1968. That's the reason why Tiger  and Alpine
roadster production ended in December, 1967."
He does acknowledge the problem with Chrysler using Ford engines,  but seems
to say that the safety regs. were the main reason.  Any thoughts  on this?
Mark L.