Re: ebay item

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: ebay item
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:04:35 -0700
Actually, one of our list members thinks this is one of his Jaguar List
friends having a chuckle.  Next time I see Jay Leno
I'll mention it, in case he could use it.  Of course he is quite a
sports car fan, including his 4.5 L Blower Bentley classic, and
he attends British car shows, and other events for the many marques he has.

Probably mechanical brakes.

As Ettore Bugatti exclaimed to a woman, complaining about how difficult
it is to stop his mechanically braked car,
"Madam, if the car does not fit you, don't buy one!"  This is a familiar
quotation, as it was also attributed to Mr. Morgan
on his unadustable seats (except for blowing into the seat cushion
balloon "whoopee cushion", which is the only thing
that can really be called a "suspension", unless you include checking
the shocks by bouncing on the bumper.  The bumper
brackets deflected, not the suspension!

Even the MG-TC only had the back rest rake adjustable, not the seat
position (until the TD), so
count your blessings that the Sunbeam design is not only adjustable, but
aircraft quick release button pins can replace the pivot
bolts in front, and allow the whole seat to be removed in seconds.  No
excuse not to vacuum the ENTIRE floor, and get under
the dash without breaking your back. :-)

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com