[Fwd: Re: Limited Slip Diff]

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Limited Slip Diff]
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:20:04 -0800
Of course, Frank.

This is not a do-it-yourself project, but one that requires the
appropriate tools and a Churchill Press, etc..  All of these details are
specified in the Workshop Manual that is on our site.  This is a job for
a pro, not a do-it yourselfer.  As such, a 4 WD shop, or similar, has
all the standard equipment (in their business) to remove and replace
this.  No physical modifications are required, and the job is no
different than changing rear end gears.  Lots of Tiger owners do just
that.  (and many suffer the consequences)

Since the R&R  Differential instructions are in the on-site Workshop
Manual, all I did was inform the seeker of an even better choice than
cutting down some other car's rear end (which is no small chore).  Since
that was HIS alternative, I think the one recommended is better,
especially since you can keep your current R&P.

There are, of course, those who would try this job with some crow bars,
and the result will be a disaster.   If you do not know what jobs are
within your skills, you should not be attempting them.

I believe the information, in the right hands, is useful.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman