Re: Seats

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Seats
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:33:36 -0800
Not sure if you would call then high end seats, but I have a set of
Mitsubishi Eclipes seats (about early-mid 90's) to go into my Tiger. No
rips, no tears, minimal wear under $35 for the two at Pick A Part.
   I found it very diffficult to find seats narrow enough for the Tiger. The
Eclipse seats have an offset lower seat bolster (smaller towards the center)
that helps in getting them located correctly. There are also removable door
panel inserts on the Eclipes that match the seats. I got those as well to
intigrate into the Tigers interior. The seats are not in yet, so I can't
give details on the mounting etc., though I have mocked them for fit as it
relates to the space available.
 One comment on the Tiger seats is that from the side profile the seat backs
look very thin. I thought that the Eclipse seats had a similar look too.
However, though acceptable they do look a bit over stuffed compared to the
Tiger seats. Unfortunately most other seats I found were even thicker in the
seat back.

 Tom Witt