High oil pressure

To: Tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: High oil pressure
From: Régent Gagnon <regentgagnon@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:39:36 -0400
Hi all,

A few months ago, I had the crankshaft and bearings replaced on my 289
because the shaft was scored at the back end and I had a major oil leak
because the seal could not do its job. The bearings had been previously
replaced when I had the engine rebuilt after 25 years of inaction. I
had the oil and filter replaced. Now the cold oil pressure at idle is
75 lbs, hot is about 65, but if I bring the revs to 5k, the gage shows
80 lbs. Unfortunately, oil also squirts out of filter line connections.

Any suggestions as to what would cause abnormally high pressure? I have
the stock remote filter set up and what I believe to be the original
oil pump.

Thanks in advance.
Regent Gagnon
B382100371 (Orchid Green)