Re: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:32:59 -0800
Steve:
Great story--and a wonderful illustration!
While tempted by the Bugatti part of the story, I don't think I'll go
out and buy one of those pocket rockets with bags of horsepower at a
zillion rpm, though.  I understand that they aren't much fun on a day to
day basis unless I keep the revs up all the time--in fact, did I
understand correctly that your final chapter to the story seemed to
illustrate the benefits of day to day drivability from having lots of
torque?

Best Regards

David Sosna