Re: Brake Booster/tandem master

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Booster/tandem master
From: garywinblad@attbi.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:48:30 +0000
> > In general reference to what Kris Waters said :   whatever happened to the
> > thread on this list about different master cylinders (larger bore?) and the
> > elimination of the booster while still maintaining reasonable pedal
pressure.

I've posted this before but, the one you want is off a late 70's or early 80's
Ford Courier pickup.  It has a 0.75inch bore that makes the stock Tiger brakes
work beautifully with about the same effort as using the stock setup WITH the
booster.  It fits with only minor filing of one of the mounting bolt holes.
New lines need to be made and you also eliminate the stock hydraulic brake
light switch and put an electrical switch on the pedal like a modern car.
Oh, it is a tandem cylinder too, for safety!
Gary