RE: Desk top Dyno fun

To: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>,
Subject: RE: Desk top Dyno fun
From: "Palmer, Robert L." <RPalmer@brobeck.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:42:52 -0800
Tim,

In your specific case, I would expect the difference between your stroker and
the stock 302 block (all other parts besides the short block being the same)
to be simply ratio'd by 350/302=1.159. For example, change your rear end ratio
from 3.31 to 3.31x1.159=3.84. With these gears, your 302 would pull stumps
just like your 350 does now. Of course, running around 3700 rpms at 70 mph
might get a little tiresome, but punch the throttle and it will accelerate
just like your 350ci at 3200 rpm. It's more a question of which way is more
cost effective in terms of reliability, a 302 that redlines at 8,000 rpm or a
350 that redlines at 6,900 rpm.

Bob

"My choice though was the most stroke (displacement) I could get out of my
5.0 block and low RPM. I am sick of busting parts with 8000 RPM screamers
that make no power off idle. My little Ford 350 is a real stump puller under
6000 RPM and has plenty of power for me. Can almost pop the clutch at idle
without stalling the engine...... well almost:) "

contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message.
To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to
postmaster@brobeck.com
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com