Re: cruise control

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cruise control
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:00:13 -0600
Or Tiger Tom Ehrhart (sp?). He had everything you could possibly imagine

in his Tiger at SUNI III, including power windows, I think.

The 1978 Corolla I bought years ago and eventually grafted a turbo, 5
speed, and bigger engine into, came to me with an aftermarket cruise
control. It was pretty much the first thing to leave the car, but I
remember it had a speed sensor on the drive shaft, and a cutout switch
connected to the brake and clutch pedals via a little ball-link chain.
The throttle positioner was a vacuum dashpot as far as I can remember.

It seems to me that you could get most of the required hardware by some
careful parts selection from any middle-70's Ford landyacht. That way
you'd be most likely to be able to bolt it onto the carb and manifold.

Good luck,
Theo