Springs & wheels

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Springs & wheels
From: "Larry Wright" <LWright@impactofficepro.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:04:50 -0400
Mark L. wrote:
>One leaf of the CAT springs definitely has to be
>removed, but I can't remember which one.

        I'd strongly suggest that it not be the one with the spring
eyes.

Larry Paulick wrote:
> Another way to go is with the La Cerra (spelling),
>available from Doug Jennings.  It includes a Rootes
>emblem, like at the badge on the rear fenders, in
>the center of the wheel.  There are various shapes,
>wood and leather if you want.  Nice wheel. They do
>not allow adjustment of the wheel.

        It looks good in your car, although I don't know if it's a
"period piece"; I don't recall if aftermarket leather wheels were
available/popular back when Tigers were new. As for the telescoping
feature, does anyone use this? I have long legs and short arms, so if
_anyone_ might have the wheel in any position other than shoved all the
way forward, you'd think it would be me. Nope; set the wheel once and
that's it (don't ask about how many times the whole steering column has
been out of the car).

Larry Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-traction"