Introduction, new to list

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Introduction, new to list
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:11:04 -0700
Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself before I begin pestering everyone with
endless newbie questions. :)

My name is Erich Coiner and I live in Poway California (North San Diego
County).

I am looking to purchase a Tiger, as soon as the right one comes along. Once
before in my life I was looking for a Tiger, but I was seduced by a 70 TR6
that crossed my path first.  I know, I know, but I have learned from my
mistakes.

Then came marriage, then two boys and suddenly it is 15 years later and I
realized that I still wanted a Tiger.
I am looking for a very clean Tiger that can be driven on the street
regularly.
No race cars and not a concours correct show car.  So if anybody has one of
these for sale, I am all ears. :)

I have found a 66 Mk1a that is for sale but some dreaded previous owner has
installed a 289 and Automatic transmission.  They claim to still have the
original 260 and all the manual trans parts that came out of the car.

Now come the questions:
Is it likely that the tunnel was massaged to fit the trans?
Would they have to cut a new hole for the shifter?

What pieces of the clutch/trans shifter setup is impossible to get if it is
missing from the parts box?
Are any of these parts available from an Alpine?

Should I run away from this car?

Well, that about does me in for now,

Erich
Ps  I loathe automatic transmissions