Re: Maxwell Smart Wanna-be

To: "Mark Meswarb" <meswarb@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Maxwell Smart Wanna-be
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:35:21 -0500
Mark,
        On my Tiger II the "dip in the hard line" is on the passenger's
side.  The Oil lines also pass through the holes directly above the
cooler in the sheet metal.  My lines go around the driver's side of the
radiator BUT!!! I have changed out the lines a few times.
Also note there is some sort of a valve in the oil cooler under a
BIG nut on one end.  Recommend you dissamble and clean the cooler
before you re install it.  I had a cam go bad and there were chunks of
metal stuck in the valve assy.

At 09:45 PM 2/21/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>First, out of the 100's of photos I took during my resto, I can't find any
>of the Mk II oil cooler or how the lines were run.  There is a dip in the
>hard-line running below the cooler on one side.  Which side does it belong
>on?  How are the lines supposed to run?
>Mark

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others