Emergency Brake Line

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Emergency Brake Line
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 16:42:58 -0500
Hi Group.  I am making new emergency brake lines for my Fiat rear
caliber's.  I did the lines using the Fiat emergency brake cable, and
where I went to the hand brake, I had to use a swedge to connect the
parts.  Well, when I pulled it really hard to test it out, the swedge
did not hold, on the flexible cable.

The wedges are alum, the flexible cable goes through the swedge, and
then I used a blunt cold chisel to indent the swedge, but again it did
not hold.

Does anyone have suggestions on holding the swedge to the cable, ie set
screw, swedge it again, or combination.

Thanks.

Larry