Series V to Series IV Front Fender Replacement

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Series V to Series IV Front Fender Replacement
From: Matthew P Bouchelle <mbouchel@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:45:27 -0400
Ok, I need to ask again as I have received contradictory responses.  My
question is can I replace my right front Tiger Mk1 (all round corners)
fender with one from a Series V Alpine (all square corners).  I plan to
drill out all the spot welds.  I have some who have said that it is what
I refer to as a direct weld-on.  Others say that the fender is welded on
differently near the headlight section between the Series IV and V and
shouldn't be attempted.  I'd be interested in any and all opinions as I
need to make a decision within the next couple weeks and I'd be very
appreciative hearing from anyone who has performed this exact graft.

Thanks in advance,
Matt
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.