Dallas area Sunbeams. car show

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dallas area Sunbeams. car show
From: Bruce Richards <bruiser@ont.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:44:47 -0500
If we get enough Sunbeams there we can have our own group.

All-British Car Day 2000
An Exposition of Vintage European (Especially British) Cars and
Motorcycles

You are invited to a party. It’s our sixteenth annual day of sun and fun
for all ages to celebrate vintage motoring, and raise money for a worthy
cause. Bring any interesting British or European vehicles that you may
care to display and compete for door prizes and trophies. This event is
open to both show vehicles and daily drivers, club members and non-club
members. Prizes will be awarded based on popular vote, ballot box
stuffing, and dumb luck.

When:
Sunday, April 30th, 2000 (May 7th is the scheduled rainout day).

Where:
White Rock Lake Park in Dallas, Texas. Cars will be displayed in an open
grassy area on the west of E. Lawther Drive. Although E. Lawther Drive
runs the length of the lake, there are a number of barricades blocking
the way. The park may be entered from the north on Lake Highlands Drive
at Buckner Boulevard or from the south on Poppy Drive.

Time Schedule:
Registration will open at 11:00 AM. Votes will be counted at 4:00 PM.
Door prizes and award presentations at 4:30 PM.

Beneficiary:
All proceeds from this event benefit the Dallas Brain Injury
Association, a registered non-profit organization. It is their mission
to improve the quality of life for people with traumatic brain injuries
and to assist in the prevention of traumatic brain injury. For more
information, please call (214) 426-4444.

Snacks:
Food and drinks will be available from vendors, but you are welcome to
bring picnic baskets and non-alcoholic beverages into the park. All
proceeds from food sold at the event will benefit the DBIA.

Entry Fee:
A $15 donation covers vehicle registration, 10 voting tickets and a
commemorative baseball cap. Additional vehicles may be entered for $5
each. Admission is free and open to the public.

Awards:
Door prizes will be awarded to entry numbers drawn from a hat (more cars
means more chances). Trophy plaques (gold, silver, bronze) will be
awarded based upon popular votes ($1 each) in the following classes:
Austin-Healey, Jaguar, Lotus/Caterham, MG, Morgan, Triumph, British
Cars, Other Cars, and Motorbike. Additional classes may be created based
on the number of vehicles in attendance. The entry that receives the
most votes will receive the ‘Best Of Show’ plaque. There will also be a
‘Club Participation’ plaque for the club that raises the most money with
their vehicles.

Participating Clubs:
? British Owners Group
? Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing
? Jaguar Owners Association Of The Southwest
? Morgan Motor Car Club
? North Texas Austin-Healey Club
? North Texas Lotus Car Club
? North Texas Norton Owners Association
? Red River Triumph Club
? Rolls-Royce Owners Club – Texas Region
? Texas MG Register

Additional Info
Randy Zimmerman
(972) 918-8829 Work/Voicemail