Re: Dash delamination

To: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dash delamination
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:27:22 -0500
Chris, I redid my dash with new burled walnut veneer.  There were some
void on the face side of the plywood, which were filled with wood
filler, available at any hardware/Home Depo, etc.

If you are using new veneer, there are various glues available.  Veneer
glue requires that the veneer be pressed on the plywood for several
hours to get a firm contact/set.

Constantines, in NY, has a veneer glue that does not require this, but
only a good roller to make contact with the plywood.  They specialize in
woods, veneers and know their products/stuff.

My veneer has been on for 9 months and is on the plywood to stay.

BTW, they sell a paper backed veneer, which I used, that will not crack,
like the typical Tiger dash.  The paper backing allows movement, with
out the problems found in typical veneers that are exposed to weather
condition/temp such as in a car dash.

They have burled walnut, and it is beautiful.  Also easy to use.

Larry