Re: Heater Blower Motor

To: RayKReese@aol.com
Subject: Re: Heater Blower Motor
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:06:28 EST
Believe it or not, most of the British cars used that same
motors for blowers and wipers, Smith.  Just how many
motor manufacturers do you think they have.

Anyway, I helped e friend restore his Land Rover 109 from
installing a galvanized frame up.  His blower motor was
exactly the metal.  The same as the Tiger/Alpine except the housing
was  tin worms had a feast.  He gladly switched
to a spare plastic housing I had.  Also most of his dash
switches were the same.  The wiper motor itself was the
same but of course the linkage and drive was different.

Interestingly, SS listed the blower motors and switches
cheaper than the Land Rover suppliers.

Nice car, complete with desert roof.  He switched to a
6 cylinder.  The front windshield has defroster wires
imbedded in the glass.  Just the thing to tow a Tiger.

Dave Johnson, Chicago