Re: James Barret Oil Trouble

To: "James Barrett" <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: James Barret Oil Trouble
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:13:36 -0600
James,
been there with no money and building my own pan and 2 things i found out .
1- brazing and silver solder crack and leak later.  2- Hot oil is thinner
than the water i would use to test my fabricated pan for my 1959 ENFO
(English ford) Zephyr Convertable with a small block chevy. It was one of
the more frustrating tasks that I have done. But if you have access to a Tig
you could probably weld in those baffles to keep the oil in the pan when
braking. It never occured to me when Theo was here today but i could take
photos of my Hamburger pan to give you an idea but the "hinges" are very low
tech. you could even use a lite duty door hinge as a baffle.
regards,
Tim ronak
B382000680