Re: Stroker VS. Big block

To: KENMATTICE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stroker VS. Big block
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:07:53 -0500
Ken, what do you think of that "affordable" and reputedly smog legal Coast 347
stroker that all the Mustang boys are hot over??? Great price, but I understand
that the longer rods mean less efficient piston rings and poor wear qualities as
the trade off for power. And isn't the thin wall late 302 pretty fragile
compared
to the earlier small blocks?
Al Johnson