RE: Fuel pump leaks/no tiger content/ but a moral/ NASCAR

To: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump leaks/no tiger content/ but a moral/ NASCAR
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:37:54 -0500
At 04:47 PM 2/19/99 -0700, you wrote:

> [...]
Theo,
        My Tiger and Alpine start better when the fuel is at
the proper level in the fuel bowls.  I like to have the motor
start as soon as I hit the starter.  If I hit the starter
without waiting for the fuel pump to do it's thing I have to
crank the motor over several times.
        Yes I know that an additional switch could bypass
the oil pressure cutoff, but that is just one more thing
to handle when starting.  I have used a relay with an RC
constant to do similar things (like pre-oil the motor)
but after a few years things fail.  The oil pressure switch
is a good safty idea in anycase.  Now, how about a roll over
switch and matching fuel tank roll over "stopper".

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others