Re: painter

To: info@bcmustang.com
Subject: Re: painter
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:16:16 -0800
info@bcmustang.com wrote:

> you are wrong

OK,  BC

I'm "wrong" as you say.

As I said, I do not profess to be an expert in this field,
and only stated what I had been told.  And I admitted it
could be wrong.  When I am an expert in a field, I have
strong background to support my statements.  In this case it
was, as I admitted, hearsay.

Please put forward what you either know, or believe to be
correct to help those looking for advise.

I do not think that my statements about clear coat repair
difficulties are inaccurate, but if they are what do you
believe?

I am sure that a polyurethane finish can, and has been
applied without a catalyst to harden the paint, and is
inferior.  But if this is wrong, then what is the correct
answer.

I am not sure whether 'two stage" applies to using an
hardener or to a clear coat final application, enlighten us.

It matters little if I personally believe a clear coat over
a solid color is not as aesthetically pleasing as over a
metallic finish, where it has a anti oxidation purpose as
well.  But this was tendered as an opinion, and is as valid
as any other taste.

Anyway, I am sure the correct knowledge would be
appreciated.  Can't tell, however, from your succinct
answer, what they are.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >