RE: tiger intake

To: "'Bob Palmer'" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>, KJENSSEN@aol.com,
Subject: RE: tiger intake
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:53:28 -0700
Since the topic of intakes is currently up for discussion, i'll put a question
in. I'm planning to install an aftermarket EFI system but without going to an
injection type manifold (I would like to keep the heater, on the assumption that
eventually i'll get it to warm up the car on cold days). I intend to machine
and/or weld on the required injector bosses onto a carburetor manifold, and then
use the carburetor as the throttle plate assembly. My choices are:
(1) the F4B that's on the car,
(2) a Ford "Shelby" four-barrel manifold (like the LAT-1, with a different name
cast onto the runner)
(3) a Holley Street Dominator single plane manifold. This one may take some work
to not project the carb out the hood.

I'm leaning towards (3) despite the amount of work required to make it fit,
because it's not a 'rare' piece in any way. Any comments?

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705

        []  (description of killer 'replacement' engine deleted)