The wine from your gearbox (No, seriously).

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The wine from your gearbox (No, seriously).
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 06:11:26 -0600
        O.K., O.K., it's a really dumb pun. But the concept, except for
the gearbox part, is a possibility.

        In a recent off-List exchange with Les Constable, I noticed his
point-of-origin included the word "vineyard". So I asked him when he
would offer us Tiger-labeled wine. By now, you know I'm an advocate of
anything, from sweatshirts to TP, with a Sunbeam Tiger logo.
        Well, his answer makes things complicated, but at least he
didn't say "go away". Such a thing wouldn't be a wine _made_ (vinted?
composed? What's the right word?) just for us; it would be a special
label on an existing 'product'. That sounds pretty neat to me. Now, Les
is still not a commercial, er, "vintner", just yet, so there is an issue
of what he can sell, and transport to different states, plus there's the
issue of shipping. There are solutions to these problems (this group can
solve anything, right?), but the degree of interest will affect Les'
decision. Well?
        Think about it. Certainly a way to upstage the Rolls and Bentley
crowd at British car shows. Impress your in-laws at holiday dinners that
Sunbeam ownership is a classy hobby by serving Tiger wine. Door prizes
at club events for years to come. And it would be made by a Tiger owner.
        Your part, apart from enjoying the result? Let Les know you're
interested. Suggest names for the wine(s). Offer ideas for label design.
C'mon, get out of lurk mode; you don't have to be a metallurgist to get
involved in this "project".
        Oh, yes. Les is getting ready to travel. While we're batting
around ideas, the posts will pile up at his server (or whatever), and
he'll look at them when he gets back. See his message below.
        And another thing. Apparently Les specializes in low-volume,
higher-grade wine. I hope that doesn't mean $100 per bottle, but we'll
know more later. BTW, usual List disclaimers apply, and I betcha Les
would say it goes double for him.
        Chance card: Get too tipsy on Tiger LeMans Chardonnay to drive
home. You're too responsible to drive drunk, so miss 2 turns while you
sleep it off.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP