Engine running + battery swap

To: Sunbeam Tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine running + battery swap
From: Bill Goebner <wgoebner@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:28:50 -0700
Last weekend I volunteered to swap my Tiger's battery with another Tiger which
had a dead battery due to a faulty alternator.  It was suggested that I start
my engine and then swap batteries.  I didn't and then couldn't start my car on
compression and had to get a "jump" start.

I'm not sure, but I think that I tried a "hot swap" before with bad results.

My question is:
Could I have started my Tiger (generator) and then swapped batteries without
incident?

I didn't!

I then had to impede traffic and eventually get a 12v power injection.