Distant Cousin

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Distant Cousin
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:26:49 -0500
        Was looking through an old magazine over the weekend,
 and found an ad w/photo of an interesting car. It was a
 pointy-nosed fastback, say, about halfway between a Saab
 Sonnet and a Datsun 280ZX. The caption read "Trident Clipper
 V8, one of three produced, Ford 289" and some other stuff.
 Well, three cars isn't what I'd call mass-production, but
 it's one more car in the Tiger's "shoehorn job" mold. I think
 I've heard of Trident before; perhaps this is a 'upgraded'
 model vs a 4-or-6-cylinder version.
        Anybody else know anything about these? Some of you
 profess to have been around since the Otto Cycle was a
 two-wheeler that you pedalled; perhaps there's a ex-owner of
 a Clipper out there? I couldn't find anything with Excite
 (always looking for images for my screen saver).

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com