Re: Hot Wiper Motor

To: "Frank Marrone" <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re: Hot Wiper Motor
From: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 10:13:58 -0700
Frank,
They do run warm, but should not be hot, you might have to order a new brush
kit for the motor itself.
It is a little tricky to install, but make sure you clean everything inside
very thoroughly, and check the windings for any breaks, if you have a good
alternator/generator shop around, then have them run a check for you.
Additionally run some very fine emery cloth over the copper contact plate
and clean it up.
The process will take a while, and again tricky, have patience and it will
come out O.K.
Rick @ Sunbeam, may have the contact kit you want, if not British Victoria
does, very cheap at that, another source is Moss Motors as well..

Best of Luck,

See Ya'          Jan...