Manx Classic

Subject: Manx Classic
From: "Warwick Jones" <tigers@warwick.powernet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 07:58:45 +0100
Steve,

I think your last attempt worked, although it is difficult to tell because
they come through OK as a Carbon Copy!!  But thanks very much for trying!

It should be a good year this year with a record entry, with lots of Tigers
and Alpines entered, including me!  Hopefully I will steer clear of the
stone walls, having attended last year as a spectator they looked incredibly
solid.

Unfortunately I do not have a lap top so I cannot emulate the great
Cobmeister and his graphic accounts (Also the people of the Isle of Man are
not as hostile as your Texans so it wouldn't be as much fun!), but I will
give a quick report on my return.

The car is almost ready, it is mostly standard but with a holley 4 barrel,
Edelbrock inlet manifold, tubular headers and a slightly warmer cam, giving
me about 185 bhp at the rear wheels, and vented front brakes to help me
stop!!!  Not quite upto Mr Smallridge and the Manx Grand Master Jackie
Cochrane, but then Dave Smallridge is using a 5.3 ltr engine to extract his
400+ hp!

Thanks again Steve

Warwick