Re: tiger hard top /targa top

To: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Subject: Re: tiger hard top /targa top
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 17:27:48 -0700
At 03:07 PM 5/26/98 -0600, johnc@nait.ab.ca wrote:
>When I bought my TIGER  the PO included a hardtop that he had tried to make
>into a targa top. I was so disgusted with the resulting mess I left it
>lying in his back yard. In retrospect I should have taken it anyway as the
>idea is intriguing -   but it would be a shame to cut a good top.
>Godspeed
>Jc

I recent;ly mentioned a similar idea to one of my friends who restores
LBC's for a living.  Though my hardtop is fiberglass (and originally a off
of an Alpine) he threatened me with the removal of various critical body
parts if I started hacking away at my hardtop.  When I pointed out that the
idea came from his surrey top on his TR250 it made no matter.  Personally,
I think this is a super idea and if I can locate another Fiberglass top for
a decent price, I may try and take a SawzAll to it.  As I gave $400 for my
current not-real-Tiger fiberglass hardtop, I am not sure I want to cut into
THAT one.....

Regards,

Allan
B9472373