AMCO/book/stripes

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: AMCO/book/stripes
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 08:12:20 -0400
CMeinel464 wrote:
>The scuff plates as well as many other non-LAT options
>were made by a company called AMCO.

I wonder whatever happened to them, and other old sports-car-parts
suppliers like MG Mitten, Auto World, etc? I got away from cars in the
1980's (new/old house, new wife), and when I got re-interested in cars,
many of the old companies I bought from were gone.

Norman C. Miller wrote:

>I have just delivered the last sixteen copies of "Volume One" to Sunbeam
>Specialties.

Implying that there will be a "Volume Two"?

Jim Barrett wrote:

>For anyone with an original Tiger II :
>I would like to know the exact dimensions of the tape, i.e. the width
>of each color and the distance from the lower edge of the tape to the
>lower edge of the door ( at the center of the door).

Among the old tech hints from various club newsletters I've saved was one
on painting your own MKII stripes ( why did I keep that? I had a SV
_Alpine_ at the time). Unless someone else, like Steve "Quick-Draw" Laifman
beats me to it, perhaps I can post the info tomorrow.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com