Re: Trunk Side Panels

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Trunk Side Panels
From: "Robert J.Jaarsma" <jaars@cyberportal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 21:41:08 -0700
Stu,
I used a better material then plywood:  LeBaron Bonney (the welknown
FORD Restoration Interior place) in Amesbury, MA sells a black
backboard.  It is impregnated and rot resistant.  Specifically used for
interior panels, approx. 1/8" thick.
To dress things up on one car I used batting material (different
thicknesses available in most fabric stores) as used in quilting by the
ladies and black vinyl(available also at LeBB).  The vinyl I stretched
around the board, glued with contact cement. It really looks nice and
dressy.
On my Tiger however I used the plastic repro panels from Tiger Tom.
Robert.