Re: To the "Better Half"

To: laifman@flash.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: To the "Better Half"
From: CobMeister <CobMeister@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 13:40:12 EDT
Hey Steve,

<< 1)  This is HER day, get out of the garage.>>

We ARE out of the garage!  We are out in the driveway where the sun shines
brightest... This is because we are trying our damnedest to stretch that
damned tonneau cover to fit the Tiger...  Been working on it for three days
now and we've got four lift-a-dots installed!  In recognition that this is HER
day I ain't cussin' and she ain't cryin'...

<< 2)  Give her what she wants, >>

What she wants is that damned tonneau cover installed and for me to swear a
blood oath that I will not attempt to install the soft top!

<< 3)  Thank her often,>>

I thank her every time she gets another lift-a-dot installed!

<< your strange compulsions.>>

Huh?  What strange compulsions?  I gave up smokin' and drinkin' many moons
ago... You must be talking about that strange little dance I do every time we
get another lift-a-dot installed?  Sorry, but I gotta do that to appease the
Tonneau Gods!

<< 4)  Clean out that damned garage so she can get her car in.>>

Her car--the '66 Morgan--IS in the garage... That's the problem, according to
her... It has been in the garage a loooonnnnngggg time without no exercise at
all...

<< 5) Treat your Mother like a Queen.>>

What?  Have her arrested 'cause she loves Streisand, walks swish, and wears
sequins?

<< 6) Beware of the "Mother's Curse">>

I am not worried about having kids that behave like I do...  I am a bit
worried about having kids that behave like Mother does.... Or, even worse,
having kids that behave like YOU do!

...Well, back to the tonneau cover.... Who was it, when I wanted to take it to
an upholsterer to install, said, "Naah! You can do it easily... It's a piece
of cake..."

Who was it?  Steve the LaifMan, that's who!

And we gotta get this tonneau cover done NOW because it is almost time to take
my bride of 33 years (the mother of my two lovely daughters and tonneau cover
installer par excellence) out to dinner.... Ahhhhh!  Burritos and Red Roses!
Could anything be finer?

--Colin