Re: Engine bore and heat

To: john brawley <johnj7@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Engine bore and heat
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 20:04:05 -0400
At 10:53 AM 5/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Just a question concerning engine boring and heat for the Tiger
>
>I putting a stock 5bolt 289 engine in my Tiger. The engine has been
>rebuilt (stock) and bored .040.  The rest of the car is stock (rear
>gears and transmission).  What kind of heat/cooling problems will I
>have?  Anyone have a similiar setup with some experience.
>
>                       Thanks, John

        My Tiger II came with a stock 6 bolt 289.  There is little difference
in the cooling required for the 260 and the 289.  If your 260 ran cool then
the 289 probably will also.  If you overheated on the 260 then you have the
same problem.  Recommend at the minimum having your original radiator
core replaced with a new modern core.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others