Re: A Can of 86 Green, Please!

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A Can of 86 Green, Please!
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:38:37 -0700
Steven and everyone there is a page on the TE/AE web site
(http://www.mindspring.com/~teae/) that shows paint codes for all the
rootes colors.  Go to their main page and then click on tiger, you will see
the page link on the left hand side.  They show Ditzler, Lucite and Dulux
codes plus chip numbers.  I checked with Tower paint and they said they
could get them all.    REgards Armand Ritchie

>I have been following all leads to get my headlight rim painted. The
>local PPG stores will scan-match a sample ($25), sell you a minimum
>quantity ($20), and put it into cans at $8.50/can. They do not seem to
>be able to find anything on "Rootes", "Sunbeam", or anything close in
>their formula guides.
>
>Did follow up on an e-mail lead for Tower Paint, Oshkosh (by gosh) WI.
>Phone 800-779-6520. They were very helpful, and looked up the formula in
>their old records. Found it under "Chrysler", "Rootes", code:86, color:
>green. The number on the can is 97171DH, but that could be an order
>code. They can only supply it in enamel, but for a headlight rim I think
>that's OK. They have a very unusual nozzle on the can for spraying like
>a pro spray.
>
>The 16 oz can costs $12.95 + $4.95 shipping (UPS 9 day). 6 or more cans
>are $9.95 each. !6 oz primer can $7.95 ea. They also sell a touch-up
>brush you spray and daub a little ding or chip from small to large,
>starting at $0.50. I would have ordered one with it, if I had known, but
>they are certainly available locally.
>
>They also carry Du Pont (PPG) Centari Acrylic Urethane Enamel. I suppose
>they can make up some enamel in your code and match their own spray
>trial in Acrylic. Can't be as expensive as the local store. A paint shop
>wanted $100 to paint 1 rim.
>
>Will report on results after I get the paint sprayed.
>
>Steve

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie