Pull it

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pull it
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:02:07 -0400
At 07:59 PM 8/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks for the advice, Jim.  As I said, I am just collecting info, for
>now, and I don't really know what I am doing, so I ask you, "Why do you
>prefer taking the engine out from the top?"  I seem to be hearing that
>through the top is more difficult, or have I just been hearing from
>those who don't know what they are doing?
>
>Enlighten me, please.
>
>Regards,
>
>Rick
        The Tiger books I have recommend taking the motor with transmission
out through the top.  That is why I recommended raising the Tiger up
front on tall jack stands,( to clear the transmission tail housing
when motor/transmission are at a 45 degree up angle.  I have pulled and
 inserted various motors in my Tiger many times from the top.
The only problem was the waterpump end hitting the sheet metal
that goes over the top of the radiator.  I have never dropped a motor
down under the Tiger.  I assume that you would have to remove the
front cross member to do this.  Some people (including me) have welded
the cross member to the frame for safty reasons.  I have no idea if
you could drop the motor with the transmission.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others