RE: Worst fears confirmed

To: tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Worst fears confirmed
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 97 08:05:00 PST
>          I'm trying to remain objective, but I still cannot understand.
>  What could STOA / TAC possibly have against obtaining consensus and
fairly
>  applying  clear standards within the Sunbeam Tiger community ?  Wouldn't
>  this just essentially build upon, and improve upon, a program that they
>  rightfully can claim to have started ?

Admirable objectives, Rick, but if you have ever tried to actually DO
something within one of the clubs, do ANYTHING, host an event, initiate a
program, develop a part, ANYTHING, you would have quickly discovered that
 "obtaining consensus" is never an achievable objective.  No matter how
good/honorable/RIGHT a thing might be, some will oppose it.  No matter how
bad/evil/WRONG a thing might be, some will support it.  And that's just
within one club.  Try to extend that to another club, to two or three clubs,
to all the clubs, and the "pile" quickly becomes "unshovelable."

Just look at what has gone on here on the list, which is a relatively small
sample of the Tiger community.  Just imagine taking that back to the clubs,
with their meetings, with their officers, and their boards of directors, and
executive boards, and official and unofficial power-mongers, cliques and
questionable-interest factions.  Consensus?  No way.  I'd bet S.T.O.A.
doesn't even have "consensus" within its own ranks about the TAC program.

And yes, I know there is a very high probability that I will catch it for
having said that.  But I don't care.  It only goes to prove my point!

Ramon
rs11@ElSegundoCA.ncr.com