RE: Vacuum bleeding

To: "'alpine clan'" <alpines@autox.team.net>, LeBrun <LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com>,
Subject: RE: Vacuum bleeding
From: Jarrid Gross <GROSS@unit.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:39:00 -0700

>From: LeBrun
>To: Jarrid Gross
>Subject: Re[2]: Vacuum bleeding
>Date: Tuesday, July 30, 1996 1:25PM
>
>    Jarrid;
>
>    -Can you post the p/n's?
>

>                              Phil

I purchased the brake bleeding kit from THE AUTO PARTS CLUB, which is a
warehouse type auto parts store in Southern California.  Ive seen the same
kit at places like Chief and Trak and other similar places for slightly
more.

The kit consists of the following...
     Hand vacuum pump with 0-760 mm Hg 0-30" Hg   "Scale is backwards!"
     2 vacuum lines "one = pump to the reservoir, the other = to the
bleeder".
     Fluid reservoir.
     Various adapters for bleed screws of different sizes.
     Tube of Glycol compatible sealing grease "for bleeding screw"
     Various other adapters for testing emmisions equipment. "Handy!"

The whole thing cost $30 to $40.
Like I said before I feel its the best way to do a  real one man/woman brake
bleed.

Ive purchased other "one person" bleed kits using one way valves ect...
 Dont waste your money.  You never get all the bubbles out.

Ive also seen pressurized bleeders.  This looks like a nice way to bleed,
but I have other vehicles with plastic fluid tanks that wont tolerate that
kind of abuse so I never bought one

Jarrid Gross
SII Alpine EFI