pins and bars

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: pins and bars
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 96 14:54 EDT
PINS) While I'm putting in the master cylinder (and yes, I'll probably
bench bleed it), perhaps I'll check my fulcrum pins too. No reason to
assume mine are other than 32 years old. A while back, I posted asking
about a mysterious clunk at full lock. Never found it; but it would
have to be a rather dramatic crack in the pin for any movement it perm-
itted to be that loud. And I wonder: why would they break only at full
lock? Full compression, I would understand. Truly sorry to hear about
Paul's car.

BARS) I too, would like a roll bar in a Mark I, but we've all discussed
before the fouling-the-boot-doors problem. If anyone has one of those
driver's-side-only bars, the dimensions would be really interesting
to some of us. Then I'd finally have a cool place to bolt in the fire
extinguisher.

Thanks again, everyone, for replies on brake bleeding.

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1   (302/285, T-5, Revolutions)
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R       ($TB, 17d BTDC, +25 MIR hp!)
1992 Toyota pick-up             (Bilstein, Yoko AVS, Concordes)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333
and e-mail at home now!      Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com