Re: Rollin Along

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rollin Along
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:09:18 -0400
>Some of my "loved ones" are convinced that a roll bar is necessary to
insure my safety, but as I look at the available literature,  <<<<_ I don't
get the sense that the roll bar is much more than a beauty item_>>>>>
(assuming that's your idea............

AAhhhhhhh.  Fear of litigation affects another parts vendor.......

Does anybody actually advertise these things as roll bars anymore ?  I know
in the Miata world, most all of them seem to be advertised as "style bars".
But judging by the gauge of material and the  design, I'm sure at least
_some_ are actually roll bars, even though the company lawyers have advised
the vendors not to advertise them as such. ( at least that's what I suspect )

Personally, I don't consider these items to contribute anything style wise.
Then again, I'd rather have  a good sturdy bar trying to hold the car off
me...........as opposed to the spindly windshield frame !

                            Rick Fedorchak