Is Eight Inches Enough?

To: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad), tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Is Eight Inches Enough?
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

>How about an 8" ??  Same removable carrier and still lots bigger (and
>tougher?) than the Dana 44.  Easy to fit, call Currie.  My Alger has it
>and the guy that built it just sent them the Alpine rear and they
>narrowed
>and set it up to just bolt in.
>
>Gary

I've heard the 8" called junk but compared to what?  A 9" no doubt.  From
what I"ve heard the Dana is definitely stronger than a 8".   Is the 8"
enough for a big torque and harsh treatment?  I don't think so.  If they
didn't blow up too often it might be a cheaper and lighter alternative to
the 9".

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  (2.3L powered by Ford)
                       Yamaha Seca 900