Re: CAVITATION MUSINGS.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CAVITATION MUSINGS.
From: "G.S.Sutherland" <G.S.Sutherland@phil.hull.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 12:22:05 +0100 (BST)
        My father installs and services water pumps for a living, so I
asked him about cavitation. He said that it's associated with problems
between the impeller and the reservoir that is being pumped from, and
that mechanical problems with the pump itself.

        He suggested that possible causes could include blocked lines; an
air or vapour bubble caught in an upward kink of the pipe; the fuel-line
exiting the tank too high; or a partially closed valve.

                Graeme