RE: Rubber parts

To: <hd_rider@uclink4.berkeley.edu>, <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: RE: Rubber parts
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 03 Jun 96 11:03:42 EDT
FORWARDED MESSAGE from Greg (MAIL @ CSERVE

"I am about ready to buy a bunch of stuff like trunk hinge gaskets, plugs
in various places, mouldings around doors and windows. How about a general
comparsion of suppliers?"

Greg,

I can hands down without any hesitation say that the quality of Sunbeam
Specialites products far exceeds that of Victoria British.  I made the
monumental mistake of buying the entire rubber kits from VB - after adding
up the costs, VB was simply cheaper than SS.  Parts is parts, right?
Wrong-O.  I have since repurchased just about every rubber piece from
Sunbeam Specialties, and some from CAT.  SS takes the time to get the
parts right.  Look at the explanation on the back of the SS catalog.  It
is 100% true.  For example,  SS's rubber that goes under the trunk hinges
has this nice little lip which keeps it right in place.  The VB one is
just a flat cut piece of rubber that slides all over the place and is
basically *useless*.  And that is what most of their stuff is *useless*.
Really, take it from someone who has bought all from both - don't waste
your time or money with VB materials.

I did not buy enough from CAT to comment on theirs.

Jay

Jay S. Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
1999 Avenue of the Stars