Re: [Thicko] FV VSCDA question

To: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Thicko] FV VSCDA question
From: Mike Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:05:13 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Dont know if I'm the only VSCDA FV guy on the Thicko list or not.  Certainly
I'm not in charge of their rules.
However, I dont believe there is any scenario that makes a Caldwell D13
elegible.  Pretty sure they were all made as Zero-roll cars.  I suspect if he
were willing to do enough saw and torch work to make it a traditional
shock/spring car and then call it a (wink, wink) Hoopdedoo special, they MIGHT
let it run.

On the other hand, I always though that Midwest Council was the last home of
polite racing outside of vintage events.  Some folks have a habit of putting
themselves in the situation of "likely to get hit".  We had one such individual
retire from regional racing to vintage in his FV here in the deep South.  We
ended up banning him from competiion.  He was never truly at fault for the
contact itself but had always played too weak a hand to make some maneuver
stick.

The elegibility rules for FV can  be found at http://www.monoposto.com/

Mike Jackson